The Tennessee Consolidated Coal Company Research Library is the result of a generous donation to the Historical Society by Loiette Henry, granddaughter of the TCCC’s founder, E. L. Hampton. The Library was dedicated in 2010 and has grown steadily since that time.
On September 8, 2012 the library shelving donated by Ralph & Susan Thompson of Chattanooga was dedicated in honor of one the “Founding Five” of the Historical Society, Mrs. Anna Goforth.
The Library & Research center is complete and open 5 days a week.
Visitors to the Tennessee Consolidate Coal Company Research Library have access to thousands of documents, maps, census records, deed records, and more. Computers are available for accessing online databases and other research tools such as Ancestry.com, RootWeb, Historic Grundy Co Deed from 1852 forward, Find-A-Grave, and the Tennessee Electronic Library.